Personal Lightning Detector
Lightning kills more people on an annual basis than tornadoes, hurricanes or winter storms — so play it safe outdoors! Whether you’re on the golf course, hiking or biking, or the kids are on the soccer field, use a StrikeAlert personal lightning detector to give you an early warning of the storm.
The personal lightning detector that started it all, StrikeAlert is the most trusted name when it comes to convenient, dependable and easy-to-use personal lightning detection. StrikeAlert provides an early warning of approaching lightning strikes, and lets you know if the storm is coming your way. The detector is housed in a small pager-like casing that can be clipped on a belt loop.
An audible alarm sounds when there's a strike and a corresponding LED light illuminates accordingly at lightning distances of 20-40 miles, 12-24 miles, 6-12 miles and within 6 miles.
- Convenient Size & Weight:
- Small and impact-resistant, StrikeAlert clips to your belt, golf bag or backpack.
- Audible Warning:
- An audible warning sounds before (and while) lightning is within striking distance.
- Low Power Consumption:
- Up to 100 hours of reliable operation with two AAA batteries.
- Unit shuts off after 2 hours if no lightning has been detected
- With press of a button, you can see the lightning strike distance, track the storm direction and view battery life.
- CRTs - (televisions or computer monitors)
- Motors and engines
- High-powered electronics equipment
- Cell phones
Moving StrikeAlert a safe distance away from these devices (usually 3 to 8 feet) should allow the detector to return to normal operation. If StrikeAlert is receiving interference due to such electromagnetic emissions, the green LED will blink or may give a false lightning indication. The static generated by some garments may also produce a false indication. Again, moving the detector just a few feet away from the source of the interference should allow StrikeAlert to resume normal operations. This will be indicated by the green LED remaining constantly lit.
- StrikeAlert Unit
- 2 AAA Batteries
- 2.90" x 1.90" x 0.75" (74mm x 48mm x 19mm)
- 2 AAA Batteries (included)
- Battery Life:
- Approximately 100 hours with new batteries.
If you're having troubles with this device, contact support at 530-899-8434, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.