Remote Rain Logging Made Simple
This self contained unit can be placed anywhere, and log rainfall data for up to a year using the self contained data logger. Simply plug the data logger into the USB port of your Windows PC/Laptop/Tablet to download, graph, and export the data using the software provided.
Unique base design allows for either flat surface or pole mounted operation with the included hardware*.
* Please note:
- Included U-bolt allows for mounting on a pole having a 1 1/4" to 1 3/4" (32 to 44mm) outside diameter.
- A larger U-bolt (not supplied) can be used to mount to a pole with a maximum outside diameter of 2 1/2" (64mm).
- Lag screws included for flat mounted installation.
- Self contained logging of rainfall - no wires or external counters needed.
- Automatic and unattended operation anywhere for a period of up to 1 year.
- Self-emptying tipping-bucket design is exceptionally accurate.
- Special metallized tipper coating resists mildew and algae growth.
- No tools required to access data logger. Easy snap on case.
- Rain collector is UV resistant.
- Long life Lithium battery included.
- Choice of 0.01 inch or 0.2 mm metric models.
- Internal calibration adjustment of +/- 2% if desired. Pre calibrated at factory.
- Includes Windows based software for starting, stopping and accessing data.
- Data stored in CSV format, and can be exported directly to Excel.
- Selectable logging intervals from seconds to days.
- Stores up to 32,510 rain tips (325.1 inches or 6502 millimeters) of rainfall.
- Rugged wide temperature range: -35 to +80°C (-31 to +176°F).
- Designed to meet the measurement guidelines of the World Meteorological Organization.
Units come pre-assembled and tested from the factory, ready to deploy, no assembly is required. Mounting screws and leaf/debris strainer is included along with a mounting/placement guide. Tipper unit is locked with a strap during shipping to prevent damage, and can be cut with a scissors or knife prior to deployment. Functionality of the datalogger unit in the field is indicated by flashing red and green LEDs, with an option to flash the red LED every time an event occurs.
- Home, school, or business rainfall monitoring.
- Remote rainfall monitoring.
- Golf courses and other grass management rainfall/irrigation monitoring.
- Agricultural rainfall/irrigation monitoring at growing locations.
Rain Collector Specifications:
- Sensor Type:
- Tipping bucket with magnetic reed switch
- Housing Material:
- UV-stabilized ABS plastic
- Dimensions (w/ base, no spikes):
- 9.25” wide x 10.25” high x 11” deep (23.5 x 26 x 28 cm)
- Collection Area:
- 33.2 in2 (214 cm2)
- Daily Rainfall:
- 0.00” to 99.99” (0.0 mm to 999.8 mm)
- Total Rainfall:
- 0.00” to 199.99” (0.0 mm to 6553 mm)
- .For rain rates up to 2"/hr (50 mm/hr):
- ±4% of total or +0.01” (0.2mm) (0.01" = one tip of the bucket) whichever is greater.
- For rain rates from 2"/hr (50 mm/hr) to 4"/hr (100 mm/hr):
- ±5% of total or +0.01” (0.2mm), whichever is greater.
- Update Interval:
- 20 - 24 seconds
Data Logger Specifications:
- Operating Temperature Range:
- -35 to +80°C (-31 to +176°F)
- Battery Life
- 1 Year *
- Maximum Number of Readings: