Connect Your MK III Weather Station to A Computer to View and Log the Data
The CC-3000 MK III Computer Interface is RainWise's next generation data logger and computer interface. Connectivity, storage capacity and features have all been enhanced. It will record and store weather data received from MK III sensor assemblies. The CC-3000 MK III Computer Interface has a 2 MB flash memory which allows the device to log data independently of a computer. It provides both current and historical information.
Each CC-3000 is shipped with a free version of Weatherview32 Home Edition. (upgrades are available)
The radio receiver is build right into the unit, which means less wires and a cleaner desktop. A power cable and USB cable are all that are required. The new switching power supply is smaller and more efficient.
- New Flash Memory:
- Memory has been increased from 32K to 2MB. The 32K was RAM based which meant if you lost power you lost your data. This is not the case with flash, your data is non-volatile and will not be destroyed when power is lost. The data stored in memory is compressed so the 2MB will allow for long intervals between downloads. With a 49834 record capacity the CC-3000 will log for over 11 months at a 10 minute logging interval. The capacity will vary depending selected sensors. A base record is 42 bytes in length.
- NiMH Battery Backup:
- The CC-3000 now uses NiMH battery backup. These batteries are much easier to get than NiCAD and have substantially more capacity. Fully charged batteries will keep the CC-3000 running for more than 24 hours. The new case includes a battery compartment which makes installing the four batteries very easy.
- Inside Temperature:
- A thermistor based temperature sensor is built into the interface. This provides inside temperature which can be very useful for freeze alarms in vacation homes.
- High Speed Processor:
- The performance of the primary processor has been increased while also reducing power consumption. The increased performance allows for faster communications and more features.
- Software/Firmware Updates:
- The new CPU can be reprogrammed via the USB or RS-232 interface. This means that updates can be quickly and easily applied by the user. This also allows for multiple software programs that use the same hardware. Rainwise can now offer custom software designed for specific tasks. Contact us if you have a specific requirement.
- English and Metric Units:
- The original interface was only available in English units. Metric was achieved by having a PC application convert the data. The CC-3000 has user selectable units.
- New Command Protocol:
- The new command protocol was designed to offer greater flexibility, be more user friendly and easier for software developers to use. The full protocol and command list are supplied are available in the CC-3000 instruction manual.
- Daylight Savings:
- Daylight savings is now supported. The dates, times and shift are user selectable. This allows the CC-3000 to be used in any country around the world.
- Expansion Port:
- In preparation for future functionality the CC-3000 is equipped with an expansion port. This connector will allow for future digital and analog sensors.
The CC-3000 replaces the CC-2000 and MKIIICC interface.
- There are two CC-3000 MK-III Computer Interface versions available, standard and long range. You must select the proper model for your RainWise MK-III system, as they are not compatible with each other.
- Fast USB 2.0 interface (RS-232/485 version available)
- 2 MB of flash memory
- NiMH battery backup
- Inside Temperature
- Advanced hi-speed processor
- Integrated radio receiver
- Barometric pressure trend indicator (rising or falling)
- Software updates through your computer
- Now supports both English and metric units
- New command protocol
- Daylight savings support
- Expansion port
- Free Software
- Power Supply
- Rx Cable, 418/433MHz Models Only
- Receiver, 418/433MHz Models Only
- USB Cable, USB Models Only
- Serial Cable, RS-232/485 Models Only
- Inside Temperature Range:
- –40 to 140°F (-40 to 60°C)
- Inside Temperature Accuracy:
- ±1°F (0.5°C)
- Memory Type:
- Memory Capacity
- 2 MB, 49,834 data records (nominal)
- Memory Retention:
- > 20 years
- Write Cycles:
- 10 Million Chip Erase Cycles
- USB Specifications:
- Interface IC:
- USB 2.0 Full Speed
- Type B
- Serial Specifications:
- DB-9 Female (DCE Device)
- Max Speed:
- 115,200 bps
- 2-wire Half Duplex
- 3-position Screw Terminal, (A,B and Signal Ground)
- Max Speed:
- 115,200 bps
- 120 Ohms (Internal Jumper Enable)
- 2.4 GHz (Long Range Models) Specifications:
- Spread Spectrum 2.4 GHz (Does Not Transmit)
- -92 dBm
- 418/433 MHz Specifications:
- 418 or 433 Mhz OOK Keying
- -100 dBm
- External. Plug-in Receiver.
- Power Requirements:
- 9VDC to 12VDC at 130mA
- Battery Backup:
- 4 x 1.2V AA NiMh (only)
- Run-time on Battery Backup:
- Nominal 24 hours (battery dependent)
- Charge Time:
- Nominal 48 hours (battery dependent)